Cross Cultural Internship
Experience India and the Premedia Industry
Twice a year, our partner, Springer Nature, offers a select group of German and Dutch nationals, who are graduates the opportunity to intern with Crest at Pune. Besides learning the ropes of the premedia industry, chosen applicants get a firsthand fascinating insight into India’s business and culture. In addition every intern takes part in a social development project.
Who can apply
A German or Dutch graduate with a relevant degree in the area of publishing production, print and media technology, media/media design, graphic design or arts.
We look for qualities like:
- Excellent German or Dutch skills as well as written and spoken English. Additional language skills are advantageous.
- Experience in publishing, preferably in production.
- Excellent MS Office skills.
- Basic experience in photo editing programs like InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator or Flash.
- Intercultural and social competence, gained through experience (work or study) abroad.
- Interest in Indian culture.
- Ability to adapt to and assimilate into a new culture.
- Above-average commitment and the ability to work under pressure.
Batch 1: February to July
Batch 2: August to January
What to expect
Once chosen, each group is prepared for their Indian stay in a comprehensive orientation event in Heidelberg and assimilated through a varied culture program on location in India.
At Crest, our interns support the team in the pre-editing, paging, graphic or marketing departments in varied premedia projects and, as a result, get thoroughly acquainted with the tasks and work processes in pre-press.
Depending on suitability, we offer an attractive and challenging entry position as Project Manager at Crest on completion of the internship.
How to Apply
Log on to the internship page on www.springer.com